Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Art of the Trailer

 I love seeing how other people have decorated their trailers. It gives me great ideas. A lot of people will put murals, tin ceilings, etc. Ari and I tend to prefer a minimalist environment. We have learned that possessions make noise - look at me, take care of me, dust me.

So, while we have added some art to the trailer, it has been very specific and intentional.



This tile features Carol Grigg's First Nation series artwork - a woman on a horse. I am a big fan of Grigg's work. I purchased the tile at the antique shop at Gillespie Ranch. She was only asking $15 for the piece. On eBay, a similar tile is going for $45. She has another tile in the shop - so if you are also a fan, you should buy it before someone else gets it. 
I hung it in our bathroom by the sink. Ari drilled a screw into the wall to secure the tile and I added some gorilla tape for extra security.




I purchased this print at an art gallery in Jackson, Wyoming. I then took it  to Michael's and had it professionally framed. I paid $45 for the print and another $100 for the frame and matting. The art gallery was asking $150 for the print framed, so I probably should have just purchased the framed artwork.




I purchased this large oversized card at a gift shop in Mesilla, New Mexico when we were staying at the Lazy Sue Ranch. The card cost $5. I paid $4 for the frame at Walmart and used gorilla tape to mount it to the cabinet. So, the entire thing was under $10.

The lesson is you don't have to pay a whole ton of money to decorate a trailer.  If you choose carefully and wisely, you can add personality to your trailer without blowing your budget.





No comments:

Post a Comment