Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Spur Stables - Albuquerque, New Mexico

 



The horses are in a really nice shared pen connected to a barn, so they have some cover. This is good, because it decided to rain on the second day of our stay.
We are currently at Spur Stables, a little south of Albuquerque.
We have full hook-up for our trailer in a back-in site. 
We are the only ones here. This is a really nice place for a layover.
We are big fans of Albuquerque. I spent a couple of years commuting here once a month while working on a project with Sandia Labs.


There are trails you can access from the stables. Ari took Lennox on a solo ride. They rode next to the Rio Grande.
It's an easy flat trail.

Tuesday Ari went to a local dentist for a cleaning. He was sure he had a cavity, but it turned out to just be a small pocket under one of his teeth that needed to be cleaned out. He was really glad he went to the dentist and he was really impressed with the dental office.

Wednesday morning I went to see a podiatrist for my final set of x-rays to verify that my broken bone was healed. The x-rays looked good. The doctor said I would probably have some pain and swelling at least for another couple of months, but I could resume my normal activities.

So, after the podiatrist visit, we headed to Old Town Albuquerque, hoping to have a nice lunch at one of our favorite restaurants in the area. Unfortunately, COVID had shuttered the restaurant and about half the shops were closed as well.

We did walk through the sculpture garden by the Albuquerque Art Museum. They were hosting a Frida Kahlo exhibit, but they were completely sold out. I was a bit disappointed, but then I recalled we had seen a Frida Kahlo exhibit in Mexico City about 30 years ago, so I couldn't feel too let down.

Prayer

Cervantes

Julia

Heads

Bird bath in Old Town

My Pixel cell phone is not operating properly - battery issues due to age. I ordered a replacement cell phone and it is due to arrive Wednesday evening.
I hope to pick it up tonight or tomorrow morning and then we head off to our next place.








No comments:

Post a Comment