Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Iron Horse Horse Motel - Mount Shasta

Our next two days - July 1 & 2 - are at the Iron Horse Horse Motel in Mount Shasta.

I love that I just have to look in the right direction and I see Mount Shasta.


No issues driving into this horse motel and the campsites are perfect. It is a great place to stop with the horses. We have electric and water hook-ups for the trailer - which means we can run the air conditioning and take showers without using propane or water. We did need to get more electrical cables as the cable we had wasn't long enough to reach and we didn't want to move the trailer. 
So, we drove into town to do some shopping.
We stopped at this roadside eatery called Poncho & Lefkowitz. I picked it because of the name. I figured any place with that sort of name would be interesting.
The menu was a mix of Mexican - tamales and nachos - and American - hot dogs. Ari had a chili dog and I had the Crocodile Tamale. The food wasn't great. Service was super slow. But, the place is pretty popular.
We ate at the picnic tables after everybody left.
At the hardware store where we bought supplies, I saw this and thought of my friend, Midge. She makes tapestries. Her tapestries are much nicer than this kit, but I thought it was cool that you could buy a kit.
I also saw this little water gun in the shape of a pelican. It is so cute! I thought about buying it for our grandson, Zane, but realized he would prefer a super soaker.


Ari was able to set up a water filter and pressure regulator at this campsite and that should help keep our LQ plumbing clean. Although, I think the water here at Mount Shasta is probably pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment