Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Floating Down the Yakima River - Washington


Ari wanted to buy some sun glasses for our river float and asked me how he looked in them at the store. I burst out laughing  because with the mask and hat he looks like a Marvel super villain.
Ari took charge of the oars once we got into the water.
I got to sit in the back where I had a back rest and took charge of the cooler.
We saw two bald eagles - a youngster flying over our heads and a parent waiting back at the nest.
It's always thrilling to watch bald eagles in flight.
The float was relatively calm, just an easy 2 hour ride on the current. The scenery wasn't awesome, but it wasn't bad.
There wasn't a lot of shade in the middle of the river. The water was cold and there was a light breeze. It beat sitting in our trailer in the air conditioning.
When we got back to the place where we rented the raft, I found this baby water snake hidden under one of the oars. He was dead. I think one of the oars crushed him. Very sad.
Ari set up the float using Red's Fly Shop.  Mostly, they provide guides and equipment to fly fishing expeditions, but they are a nice place and I recommend them.
They have a gorgeous deck and dining area overlooking the river. They only serve dinner Thursdays-Sundays. The menu is upscale and pricey, but if we were staying an extra night, I would definitely try them out. They are located about 20 minutes from the RV park.

Tomorrow is July 30th. Our next stop is a horse motel in Bellevue for one night.


No comments:

Post a Comment