Saturday, November 13, 2021

Buggy Whip Equestrian Campground - Cooper Lake State Park - Sulphur Springs, Texas

 


Next stop, Buggy Whip Equestrian Campground in Texas.
We were happy to be out of Oklahoma and into Texas.

Campsites provided high lines and hitching posts for horses, but no corrals.


So, we put up our portable corral with the shade cover. Thunderstorms expected in a day or so.

The shower house and bathrooms are in the background.


It was a back-in site on a concrete pad. Electric and water hook-up.
No cell service, but our Winegard worked OK with the T-Mobile SIM card.


Trails were marked as Novice, Intermediate and Challenging.
We rode the novice trails.

We knew rain was coming in, so we got our ride in before it hit. It was a bit overcast and cool, but otherwise fine weather for riding.


Years ago, Shaun and Daniel gave me a GoPro camera for my birthday. I had packed it for this trip, but I hadn't charged it up to use it. It can be time consuming to edit videos and upload them, but I figured it was well past time for me to use the GoPro. So, here is my first GoPro video. I forgot to clean the camera lens so there is a small smudge, but I will try to be better about using the GoPro.
This short video shows us riding on the Novice Trails by Cooper Lake.


We spent Wednesday in Commerce, Texas. This is the first town with a Chase Bank and I needed to go into the bank to close out Patrick's account.
Walking through the downtown area, spotted this outside a law office.

We stopped at the campground's RV dump on our way out of camp. It was an easy in and out.

California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas.
21 states down and 27 to go.
















No comments:

Post a Comment