Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Lake of Three Fires - Bedford, Iowa

 


The park is named after three Native American warriors that were members of the Fire Nation, Pauite Tribe who lived in the area.

First stop was the RV dump in the main campground.

This little fellow was left to greet us on the picnic table for our campsite.
Our campsite came with a high line. We put the horses in these corrals since we didn't think any campers would be using them, but they were not that secure. We were worried especially about my horse getting out.
So we put up our portable corrals to be on the safe side.

We had electric hook-up and there were water pumps sprinkled about the campground.
None too close to where we were, but we had enough hose to get water to our trailer and to our horses.
I was looking forward to riding around the lake. We were saddled up and I was walking my horse to a picnic table to use for mounting up when Mercutio stepped on my right foot with all his weight - breaking the pinky toe. I could tell immediately it was broken.
I iced it and elevated it and buddy taped it.
Luckily, I have pain meds left over from previous injuries.


Ari rode around the lake on his own the first day and the second day we loaned my horse to another camper named Mike. Mike and Ari rode together for a couple of hours. Ari said the trails were fabulous.
Because if the trails were lousy, I wouldn't feel bad about breaking a toe.
I expect I can ride in a few days, but it will be a few weeks before it will heal.














No comments:

Post a Comment