Monday, May 17, 2021

Garden of the Gods - Colorado Springs

 


Well, I went grocery shopping and I stopped at the meat counter at Safeway and a couple of the items on offer surprised me. It is not unusual to see alligator meat or frogs legs at the markets in Louisiana, but a Safeway in Colorado Springs?

And then, a fellow in the campground stopped me while I was loading up feed for the horses.
He offered me this t-shirt with his logo. Apparently, he photographs rodeos for a living. He showed me some of his portfolio and he is quite good. For some reason, he says he is blacklisted from the circuit. So, there is a back story, I have no idea about.
Any way, I got a free t-shirt.


On my bucket list - riding at the Garden of the Gods park. After yesterday's yoga lesson, Ari and I drove into the park to scope out places to park. We found a lot that has horse trailer parking. We decided our best chance of nabbing a spot would be to go during the week and as early as possible.
So, Monday morning bright and early, we headed out with the horses and the lot was empty when we arrived around 9:30 in the morning.
We hadn't had breakfast, so after we parked, I made breakfast in the LQ. It feels a bit decadent to be able to drive somewhere and have a kitchen and bathroom with you.
Breakfast was egg and cheese croissants with turkey bacon and a glass of orange juice.

Views from the trails were spectacular. The trails were actually pretty easy to ride. There was some up and down and some rock face, but, overall, it was a pleasant and fun morning. 


A hiker was kind enough to take our picture...a rare one with both of us. Check out the hoo-doos behind us.





Back in the parking lot

The weather held. There were a few sprinkles as we were loading up to head back to the campground. It kept threatening to rain, but held off most of the day.
Tomorrow we head to the Big Iron Ranch near Denver, CO.







No comments:

Post a Comment