Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A Sneak Peek at our New Home on Wheels

On Monday, we took our truck into the dealer to get the goose neck hitch installed. As we were walking in to pick up the truck following the installation, a guy drove in with our trailer attached. "That's our LQ!" I told Ari. Ari didn't believe me, but, sure enough, it was our LQ arriving into the lot all the way from the SMC factory in Indiana.

Our sales guy, Ryan, walked out of the sales trailer beaming - "did you see it?" he asked. Only then did Ari believe me that it was, in fact, our LQ - our horse trailer plus living quarters that we ordered back in January, finally getting delivered at the end of June. "Can we take a peek?" asked Ari.

"Sure," said Ryan, but he reminded us the trailer still needed to go through their inspection and get everything put in shape for us to take it.


There is a queen size foam mattress in the sleeping area. I tried it out and it is too hard for our taste, so one of the first things we will need to do is buy a new mattress. Ari prefers something extra soft.



The kitchen has a larger fridge, a cook top, and a microwave/convection oven and a dining area. Most horse people have told me they prefer the sofa to the dinette. However, I have to update my books on the road, plus I am hoping to continue to create web content for some clients, so I needed a work space with a table where I could set up my computer.

The bathroom features a teeny tiny sink, but a good sized shower. I will be missing my double sink in the master bathroom, no doubt.


We ordered a saddle rack that rotates out to make it easier to use to access our saddles. It also has bars to store the saddle blankets. Normally, we put the saddle blankets under the saddles to prevent them from falling off, so we will have to see what works best. I also have ordered fly and belly sheets to protect the horses from biting insects, so this will be a great place to store those.
I custom ordered the colors so the interior would be brighter inside the LQ and we are really happy with how the interior looks.
None of the cabinets have shelving, so we will have to figure out how to add shelving so we can increase our storage capabilities.

We also ordered a bale bucker and that is supposed to be installed by the dealer on Friday. We are hoping to leave on Saturday, so we are down to days before we start our trip. Ari's last day of work was last week, so he gets to spend the week doing the last minute errands and calling all of our stops for the next two months to confirm new dates of arrival.

1 comment:

  1. Your trailer is stunning! We are so excited to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete